Wednesday, September 28, 2011

カレーの錬金術師

This isn't actually an experiment but more of an extension/improvement of the 2nd one.

Ingredients involved: curry, minced pork, carrot, blue berries, water, vanilla ice cream; yogourt drink

Steps:
- Pan fry the minced pork a bit so it's not in one giant meat ball
- Throw everything else into the pot and let boil in low heat
- Watch a few episodes of anime
- Add ice cream after everything was nicely mixed together
- Stir and done

Result: Success!

The overall taste is slightly on the sweet side, but not overpowering the curry. The 2nd experiment had grape tomatoes and therefore was a bit more sour. The two scoops of ice cream might had contributed to the flavour as well. XD

By the time I turned off the stove, the curry looked kinda thick. So I brought a small bottle of yogourt drink just in case and added it to the curry+rice lunch box before heating it up in the microwave.

Not only did it gave the rice a hint of flavour, it went very well with the blue berries. It was very good. :3

Although my cube-mate complained that my hybrid curry gave off a strange smell...

Unfortunately, that was the last of my blue berry stock so I won't be able to reproduce the recipe for a while. Unless I want to explore those PC frozen fruit bags...

On a side whim, I think I will give myself the title of Curry Alchemist (and changed the title of this post accordingly from Curry Experiment #4), since I like to play with different materials to make that pot of gold. XD

0 comments: