Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fate/EXTRA

I was browsing through Amazon.ca when I saw this. After confirming that it will have the Japanese voice tracks, I placed the pre-order immediately.

While searching for confirmation on the audio option, it seems that Aksys will be releasing Fate/EXTRA and Hakuouki with Japanese audio only. I didn't see Hakuouki listed on Amazon.ca, so I thought I'd check the Aksys website to see if there's more information.

These games are not yet released and are not under the Game section on the site, and I had to perform in-site searches. Hakuouki rendered 0 result, so I guess it'll be some time before it comes out. One of the results for Fate/EXTRA, on the other hand, pointed out something that made me want to say 「卑怯な!」

An exclusive bonus item, a 20-page Fate/the Fact booklet that inspects the Fate/EXTRA world (translated from the same Japanese pre-order bonus), is available for online and in-store pre-orders with Gamestop.ca (online only for the US). Nothing for Amazon orders as usual...

There's a handling fee for online orders on Gamestop.ca, so I'll drop by the local EB Games store tomorrow after work to pre-order the game. Then I'll cancel the Amazon.ca pre-order.

As for Hakuouki, even though it'll be in full Japanese audio, I'm still debating whether to get it, or try to get an imported version. Since the whole game is centred around historic events with lots of traditional language usage, I'm leaning toward the Japanese version with the original text. English subs work much less effectively in a traditional Japanese setting.

0 comments: