Sunday, November 13, 2011

ネットショッピング、恐ろしい子

Apparently the country down south has something called the Black Friday, where crazy sales happen. Since I regularly receive e-newsletters from Amazon.com, I noticed there are video games on sale as part of the count-down to Black Friday.

With some random browsing and clicking, I ended up ordering three games: Cross Edge (going for 2x the price anywhere in Canada), Eternal Sonata (~$6 cheaper than Amazon.ca), and Gundam Musou (almost 1/3 of the price anywhere in Canada, if one can even find it). The total of the order was just over $60 in US dollars, which normally would easily cost around $130 in Canada. Currency exchange rate? I save more on the 13% tax since it's shipped to Neko-tan's. XD

I thought I might also browse the anime section on Amazon.com to see if there's anything on sale that I have on the Amazon.ca wish list. They've posted Twelve Kingdoms blu-ray part 3! It's probably only posted within the last few days so the pre-order is only at 10% off.

Right Stuf usually announces new pre-orders in their e-newsletters, but I thought I'd check just in case. They have it up already, for 24% off. Add to that my 10% membership discount, I can get it for 34% off!

So I sent an email to Right Stuf customer service for an item swap request, cancelling Twelve Kingdoms blu-ray part 2 and order part 3 instead. Then I placed the order for part 2 on Amazon.com, which has it on for the same price that I ordered from RS, but I save $5 on the tax. This would also keep my RS order under $200. Just waiting for a reply now.

Since RS only ships when they have all the items in the order (Arakawa blu-ray part 2 releases in early February 2012), I have lots of time to see if Amazon.com drops their price to below 35% off, then cancel the item with RS. I would still be over the $150 free shipping mark anyway.

When I clicked on the "place order" button for the two Amazon.com orders, it's done, just like that. It really doesn't feel like you're being a spendthrift until you get the bill...

On a side note, I figured I'd check Amazon.ca just for the sake of it. Not only did they not have part 3, they also removed part 2! I'm glad I cancelled the order for part 2 with them and went with RS. -__-

On a even further side note, I'm starting to feel that shopping for anime and games online is like buying stocks. You have to keep an eye out to avoid the peaks and go for the troughs, and watch out where you buy it from. Takes so much time and energy out of you...

0 comments: