Saturday, October 01, 2011

Fate/Zero ep.1

Just finished watching the 47:40-long 1st episode of Fate/Zero on Niconico. Unfortunately, the promised Chinese subtitle did not happen due to a delay in delivery to ensure quality. I settled for English sub, but it wasn't as easy to follow given the sentence structures in the two languages. I ended up ignoring the subtitle a lot of the times to better understanding what's being said. orz

Not gonna spoil the story itself, but it looks very promising and likely complete. I'll refrain from acquiring and reading the original novels before finishing the anime. I do want to comment on the high quality of the animation by ufotable, though. Really sleek and smooth. I'm definitely getting the blu-ray for it when it comes out in North America.

The only thing is that it's under Aniplex, which means it'll have a nice packaging, unavailable in Canada and quite expensive. The only Aniplex-distributed products I have so far are the two Gurren Lagann movies that I got at AX and RightStuf... (I want Durarara & Blue Exorcist... *sniff*)

The music by Kajiura Yuki wasn't too obvious, but that may be because this is only the first episode which introduces most of the main actors. I'm sure her music will shine through once things start to roll and the tension rises.

In comparison, Kawai Kenji's music was quite prominent in Fate/stay night TV, but that one pretty much jumped right into action to accommodate the game content into the TV series (and still left out so much...)

Since Niconico only shows 480p, I'll still be grabbing the 720p for it, the default treatment I give to the one series for every season. Hopefully starting next week, the Chinese sub will make it in time on Niconico so I won't have to endure the English sub.

0 comments: