Sunday, October 02, 2011

老化

For the past week, my internet connection has been very flaky. Images often don't load properly and my downloads are incomplete a lot of the times. And if I run any torrent, I'm guaranteed to be kicked offline within minutes. Although my internet connection would be restored shortly after I close the torrent client, it's still a hassle.

Neko-tan pointed out today it's likely the internet modem getting old and not able to handle the traffic when there's too many simultaneous connections and would halt the whole thing. Unfortunately, it's easy to just go into a store and buy a modem in LA, but not here. I'm considering getting a new modem when I switch ISP, but that won't happen for some time yet.

In the mean time, I've toned down the maximum connection setting for the torrent client in half, and only running a single queue at a time, leaving the bulk of the queue for when I go to sleep. It's helped a lot, but still annoying.

As a result of the unstable week, I wasn't able to utilize my already unlimited bandwidth effectively. Such as waste...

0 comments: