Saturday, April 09, 2011

O-Card

My pre-ordered copy of the Summer Wars came without the slip case.

Apparently, the order demand for the movie was so high that most of the first press editions were sold out at the pre-order stage, and the production of the slip cases with specialty printing wasn't fast enough to meet the demand for the street date. As a result, some of the pre-orders were shipped without the slip case, including mine.

I filled out the form to request the slip case last month and found myself a pleasant surprise when I opened my mailbox today. A white hard envelop from Funimation!

Not only is there the slip case for my blu-ray, there's also the first press edition art cards that they received an extra batch from the manufacturer! Beside the usual pitch cards advertising upcoming releases and the S.A.V.E. and Classics product lines, they threw in a few extras as well.

There's a NERV sticker from Evangelion 2.22 and series postcards (dunno what they're called; they have art and logo for the series on one side, product release info on the other side) from Evangelion 2.22, Hero Tales, Eden of the East: The King of Eden, and Excel Saga.

I'll wait until I move to a new cubicle to bring those series postcards for decoration. They'll join other series postcards from Slayers Revolution, Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa, TRIGUN Badlands Rumble, and a CD slip card from the OP single of ef -a tale of melodies-. XD

0 comments: