Sunday, June 29, 2008

It's been some time since I write about anime, so I'll briefly write about They Are My Noble Masters (君が主で執事が俺で) that I finished about two weeks ago.

At first glance, They Are My Noble Masters appears to be a harem series loaded with a ridiculous amount of fan service (the most I've seen to date, in fact, but I don't usually touch this type of shows so I don't know how it compares to other ones). I was a bit hesitant to watch it, but the seiyuu cast was kind of attractive so I gave it a try.

I decided to continue after the first episode, despite the amount of skins shown. What do you know? It's actually a series. XD I especially enjoyed the G Gundam and Kamen Rider Kabuto and found the other ones entertaining as well. There were some I didn't get so kudos to the fansub group for putting in the notes. It's a shame they didn't get the Kabuto ones, though.

While the show is laden with jokes and gags, the background and feelings of the various characters are properly explored (as implausible as those may be), and the last couple episodes are especially emotional. Not bad for a harem series based on an . Not a must watch, but if you have some free time at hand, can stand the excessive fan service, and appreciate the various , give it a whirl. I gave it a grade of B-~B.

0 comments: