Thursday, July 03, 2008

Canada Day! A day for celebration for a wonderful country! (OK, so I missed it by a day...)

For a lot of British Columbians, though, Canada Day this year would probably be remembered as the day our gas price breaks the 150 mark, no thanks to the 2.4 cents gas tax starting July 1st. I paid $55 to top off the tank the day before, which will hopefully last me until the middle of next week. I don't want to think about how much my next gas receipt will show.

+ + + + + + +

Just finished watching 図書館戦争 (Toshokan Sensou) and it's easily a top 10 contender. Originally, I was going to wait until I have all the episodes before watching 'cause I figured I wouldn't have much time for the new series this spring. I took a sneak peek one day and got instantly hooked, and I couldn't wait for the next episode to come out. It's like GunParade March all over again for me, in a good way. The story is good, the anime quality is great, and the characters are outstanding. I've watched every episode at least twice or thrice, in raw, Chinese subtitle, and English subtitle. Extremely recommended!

I was going to order the original novels for Toshokan Sensou, but they're still in hard covers so the girl suggested I wait for the paperbacks. I ordered the first eight books of 彩雲国物語 (Saiunkoku Monogatari) instead. Can't believe I forgot to ask about 十二国記 (Juuni Kokuki)... orz

+ + + + + + +

Quote of the day
Bro *looking at the cat*: Are cats of the tiger family?
Me: .........Tigers are of the cat family. *thinking: You asked for it. I'm so going to post this.*

0 comments: