Tuesday, July 20, 2004

That scared me, a lot. I accidentally quick formatted New Type when installing the XP copy and, when I get into Windows, was greeted with the shut-down-in-60-second thing like before. So I thought, "Fine, I'll not quick format you. I'll do a complete format." Guess what? Same thing. I think it's Sasser or whatever that gets in before I could go online to download the firewall. Anyway, because I had such scare before, I downloaded a fix tool on Coordinator some time ago. After running it on floppy first thing after restart, problem solved. At least, that's what I'd like to think since no such occurrence happened after that.

I was going to set up a limited account for Mum, but the extra configuration and tweaks I had to do for her account took up too much time so I ended up with just one account. I hope she keeps her word and won't download anything unless approved by moi.

So, New Type is now a wolf with XP skin. I don't know when it'll shed off that skin and bare its fangs, but at least I can read and understand what every single dialogue and message is saying. Since Coordinator is my main system now, New Type should fare just fine with minimal disturbance unlike before. Here's hoping.

And after everything is settled and I get my research done, maybe I will turn Prototype into a penguin! XD

0 comments: