Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Ah, the decisions...

After some searching today, I found another GIS program I can consider: Certificate of GIS @ SFU. This one, however, seems to be tougher to get in, requiring both a bachelor's degree in related field as well as work experience in GIS related environment.

Here's a breakdown of the two programs:
GIS Advanced Diploma @ BCIT
Duration: 9 months
Fee: ~$4500 Cdn
Focus: more technique oriented (lots of programming involved)
Method: lectures/seminars/practicum

Certificate of GIS @ SFU
Duration: 2 years
Fee: ~$10,000 Cdn
Focus: more design and implementation oriented (I don't really see any programming courses in there)
Method: distant education + seminar

Both are not easy to get in, especially with my barely-get-by marks at UBC... I'm still looking into these two options, as the earliest application date doesn't start until October. Let me think about it...

0 comments: