Sunday, June 15, 2003

Mozilla Firebird is quite swell, I must say.

Sure, it still has some features I don't like as much as the ones in Mozilla, but it's indeed living up to its name. The Christmas phoenix theme is one of the most beautiful themes I've seen/used, and I love it! The fact that Web site icons are visible in the bookmarks is a nice touch, too. Kudos to the theme author! The open all in tabs feature is handy for checking bookmarks except when, of course, there're just too many entries in one category.

Will the fiery king of the air beat the formidable lord of land and become the default browser on my computer? The answer isn't certain. Firebird is smaller and therefore faster than Mozilla, but feature-wise, it's hard to say which one I like better. They both have their own strength. Only time will tell, I suppose.

I am running Firebird right now, but Mozilla is still the default. I'm guessing that a definite winner won't emerge until the next version of both come out...

0 comments: