Sunday, April 22, 2012

期待する新人

Just finished watching the drama series Strawberry Night. Being the that I am, naturally I was paying more attention on the pairing situation than the story and cases. But except for actual romance series, concrete pairing gestures very rarely appear in Japanese drama. Upon recalling this, I almost gave up the series after 5 episodes...

But the drama itself isn't my topic today, but the BGM. Since the first episode, I noticed the music more than anything. Some tracks reminded me of Sawano Hiroyuki, yet not distinct enough to be him. I usually don't pay attention to the staff in Japanese drama series, mainly because I most likely wouldn't recognize anyone, so I only noticed the name of the music composer at the end of the last episode. Hayashi Yuuki.

I blinked when I saw the name. I've seen it before! It took me half a second to remember from where: he's one of the three composers for BOSS, with Sawano Hiroyuki!

A quick look up on Wikipedia told me that they also worked together on another Japanese drama series Triangular, Hayashi's debut work, in the same year before they worked on BOSS, and Sawano is listed as the first composer for both series. No doubt Hayashi learned from Sawano during these times, which might explain some of the similarities of his music to Sawano's.

I don't watch enough Japanese drama to be able to familiarize myself with the composers, but I look forward to hear more of Hayashi's works~

0 comments: