Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fate/Zero BD Box pt.3

It's here! My very first R2 import! XD

The box was in a nice clear sealed wrap, that I almost didn't have the heart to tear open. But since I'm going to watch it before watching the 2nd half, might as well. I did take a few photos of the sealed box, though. XD

The content of this box set has been floating around since its release, so I'm not going to say anything more. The journey of which I embarked on in search of the place that held my box is what I want to note down here.

I had never been to the FedEx storage here, but Google Maps told me where the nearest bus stops were. Even though it's near the airport, which seems some distance away, it's actually much closer and easier to get to than the UPS storage.

I even get the same bus going to and back! The bus driver recognized me as well. XD

The journey was a relatively short one, as I got on the first bus at around 5pm and was home by 5:55pm. At each stop, I only had to wait no longer than 2 minutes for the bus. That made the trip very smooth.

Now, I did have to pay $86 for duty and tax and stuff. There's the standard HST, Fedex fee for clearing custom, and the duty for importing from Japan. Yes, even though I bought it through RightStuf, it's an exact R2 product (with a translated English booklet maybe inserted before they shipped FedEx) with Japan as the country of origin, and hence the import duty.

But it's still cheaper than if I had to order it myself from Amazon.co.jp so I'm still getting a good deal. If only Aniplex does the same for Bakemonogatari...

0 comments: