Tuesday, January 31, 2012

余計なお世話

Google's been telling its users of the new privacy policy and terms effective March 1st. A lot of the new data collected seem to be smart phone (Android) or VOIP (Google Voice) related so I'm not panicking and dropping my Google usage. I thought it's a good time to go through my Dashboard again since my last glean a few months ago.

...YouTube? I've never created a YouTube account, but apparently I'm automatically signed via my Google account. orz

Just to clarify, I don't watch questionable videos on YouTube so I have no problem having my viewing history logged. But I never asked for a YouTube account...

Ah, well. While this type of forced marketing might generally get Google some additional traffic/data/possible revenue, in this case, it's more likely wasted resources (albeit very tiny bit) creating the linked accounts for me. I'm a proud Niconico paid member! XD

On a side note, Neko-tan re-shared the link where YouTube is showing free movies with in-film ads.

I took a quick look at the Animation category just to see what's available (but not to watch, as it'd be English audio only anyway), and saw that Blue Gender: The Movie is rated TV-14. Come on, Funimation! I know it's old and therefore has a lax rating, but at least re-rate it if you're gonna just let people view it on YouTube.

Wait, my bad. I forgot you don't consider large quantity of blood flowing out from dismembered body parts to be mature... ┐(─‿‿─)┌

Anyway, I might watch a few movies if I feel like it and have time (Time? You mean the 4th dimension? But I'm in perpetual 2.5D...).

0 comments: