Friday, December 30, 2011

マイ椅子

I've been sitting on the same wooden chair for almost 20 years. A short while ago, one corner of the side bars supporting the seat slumped about 2.5cm. As a result, I had been sitting mostly on one side of the chair since. I even already checked out the chair I would get next.

Tonight, I couldn't bear the slanted chair anymore and decided to perform an operation. My fingers still smell like iron now, but the wooden chair was rescued back and in complete health!

Basically, the screw broke in half (!?) and was thus unable to support the one corner of the side bar. Because of wear and tear, it took me forever to get the screw out (and realized then what the problem was). But once it's out, the new screw went in place and rejuvenated the chair in 30 seconds.

ふむ、やればできる子じゃ~( ̄ー ̄ )

0 comments: