Tuesday, November 08, 2011

模範客

I finally got my Fate/EXTRA today, eight days after the game's release (unless the release date is later in Canada, but highly unlikely). If it weren't for the pre-order bonus, I wouldn't had placed the order with EB Games... orz

And guess what? Not only did my game arrive late one week after the release date, I had to line up in order to get to the counter. Today also happened to be the launch date for Call of Duty MW 3. ORZ

While in line, I observed the people in the store, probably all trying to get MW3. It's obvious that many of the adults were there to buy the game for their kid(s) because the game is rated M. Behind me was a grandma-grandson pair, where the grandma was worried the grandson might not get a copy if they didn't pre-order. I guess the purpose of the M rating is just so that at least the parents would be approving their children playing it...

When it was finally my turn at the counter, I produced the prepaid receipt for my game, which was possibly the only non-MW3 game the store was handing out for the whole day given the long line up. I almost gave up myself when I saw the line extending all the way to the entrance.

The girl pulled the limited edition from the pile of stuff they received for today. Because it's such a niche game for the North American market, none of the staff knew about the game (and had to look it up when I asked about the pre-order). If I didn't point out that I ordered the regular version, she would had just let me walk away with the limited edition. Such a model customer I was...

On a side note, Aksys Games, the company that brought Fate/EXTRA to North America, finally put up some information on Hakuouki. There's no detail on what the limited edition will include, but the game has been rated M by ESRB because of the blood in some of the graphics and the text description. Really? Shouldn't you rate a lot of the TV shows and anime as 17+ as well by that standard? I kinda find it idiotic that my first M rated game is an game...

0 comments: