Thursday, November 03, 2011

任務失敗

The guys that put in the new toilet, that is.

The company that manages my apartment recently bought new water saving toilets and shower heads for all the units in the building. The scheduled installation time is 9am to 5pm. When I returned at around 7pm, the guys were still around carrying off removed toilets and stuff.

I turned on the shower head. Everything seemed to be in order. The toilet was dry and empty inside, but the tank was filled. I tried flushing twice. Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary... until I noticed the water mark around the base of the toilet. I poked my head out to intercept the guys collecting parts in the hallway of my floor.

Apparently it had a broken bowl, or something to that effect. The guy put in new toilet #2 (and made a wet mess at the same time while removing new toilet #1). He tested it and told me everything was fine now before heading out. A few minutes later I heard a sound suggesting that something got disconnected and fell.

Not feeling safe with just his test flush, I also tried flushing. There's no water seeping out from the bottom so it's not leaking. I then proceed to open the lid of the toilet... only to find two long bolts and a wrapped casket inside.

Luckily the guy that put in new toilet #2 was still out by the backdoor of the building cleaning up stuff. He poked around and decided that there was supposed to be a cap in there as well but it's got flushed down and stuck in the duct. Another guy said it's the cap for another toilet that he was putting in. (I don't really understand.)

They tried several ways to try to get the cap out, but to no avail. They just removed new toilet #2 and still trying to get the cap out from the hole as I type this. They'll need to put in new toilet #3, but not before they resolve the stuck cap issue. Who knows how much longer this ordeal will be. orz

Not to mention that I'll still need to clean up after this is all over...

Botched mission sucks! Especially when you're the victim as a result of one! (ノ`Д´)ノ~~┴───┴

PS. They finally put in new toilet #3 properly and left. I just finished cleaning up the mess and waiting for the bathroom floor to dry. Hopefully I won't need to hunt them down tomorrow for any up hiccups.

0 comments: