Monday, October 24, 2011

pseudo-economics

Getting up in the early afternoon, a sudden realization dawned on me. Managing one's health is pretty similar to managing one's wealth.

The three main factors affecting one's health: eat, sleep, exercise.
Negative factors: sickness and feeling unwell

The three main factors affecting one's wealth: income, savings, investment.
Negative factors: debt and spending

I eat a lot and am always eating. I only sleep enough to function, which is less than that of the average person. I don't exercise. Actually, make that I don't move.

Health-wise, I don't get sick often, but little problems would pop up now and then when I don't get enough sleep. And when I do get sick, I'm usually out for a good couple of days.

You'd expect me to be sicker from my lifestyle, since I'm essentially relying on 1.5 out of 3. But if you look at it, I basically live on my earnings and some savings, so I can manage without having any investment. For now.

As I grow older, the maintenance cost of my body also increases, but there's a limit on my maximum income (how much I can eat without eating into diseases). So when I don't have enough savings in stock (average 6 hrs), I run into problem and feel sick.

Luckily, savings can be increased by having a higher interest rate, so many of the health issues I experience can often be cured by simply concentrating on sleep. とにかく爆睡だ! Even wild animals heal their wounds by resting and eating (I think)!

睡眠は本当に重要だな… もっと眠るがいい!

I'll need to keep that in mind. Try to, at least.

Investment? What's that? orz

0 comments: