Friday, October 07, 2011

厄介な事になった

It's a well known fact that I hate going to the dentist, with a passion and good reasons. Another just popped up today. Well, it's got nothing to do with the actual dental procedures and tools that I detaste so much, but it'll make future visits more painful.

I might be in the beginning stage of gum recession for one of the upper teeth. As a result, that tooth has become more sensitive.

They speculated the problem may had stemmed from me brushing too hard. I shall get softer tooth brush and see if it helps. Not sure how effective the whatever agent they applied today is and how long it lasts (it was very expensive for the little bit applied; I nearly coughed up a Sir Borden orz), but hopefully my gum stays where it is now and stops shrinking.

On a side note, there is an Apple Store in the mall where the dental clinic is located. I made a point to drop by to see how the locals are remembering Steve Jobs.

One of the four glass walls lining the front of the store was made into a mini-shrine where people could leave flowers and stick post-its on the glass wall. The mall wasn't open yet so I was able to read the many messages in peace. He had definitely touched and changed many people's lives. Again, R.I.P.

0 comments: