Thursday, October 06, 2011

おい

Went voting after work today.

My voting booth was at a school near my building. There were candidate banners on the lawn leading up to the school ground, and there were big VOTE signs directing where to go to vote.

The voting process itself was pretty quick and painless. I was in and out within in less than five minutes.

As I opened volume 9 of Toradora to read and headed toward the sidewalk lining in front of the school, I overheard the conversation between two of the (probably high school) students that were playing near the side entrance for the gym where the voting took place.

In a tone implying that he had suddenly attained enlightenment, student A learned that there was a voting at the school! And all those people they had seen going in and out of the entrance were there to vote. He then proceeded to ask student B if the whole province of Ontario was voting.

All right. I admit that I'm very very out of the loop when it comes to current events or any kind of news 99% of the time, and I only knew of the election because I got the notice of registration. But if my school is acting as a voting booth for an election, I'm sure I would know, either from the school's announcement or my friends. Not to mention there were three big VOTE signs within 10 metres of that entrance where they were fooling around.

I thought there wouldn't be people even more oblivious than me. I'm surprised and worried that I was wrong.

まあ、我大概是最沒立場碎碎念的人就是。

0 comments: