Wednesday, June 08, 2011

セーフ!

I beat the Walpurgisnacht thunderstorm by less than 5 minutes! There's non-stop blinding lightning flashes and roaring thunders going on outside, and water was all over the place as fire trucks sped down the street with sounding siren.

The sun was still attacking with full force high up in the sky when I was getting ready to take off for the day, but the heavy 43°C humid air foreshadowed the thunderstorm to be followed. While I was waiting for the bus, I could feel the very occasional rain drops from the accumulating clouds, and the sea of grey clouds was quickly overrunning the previously blue sky.

If I had missed the bus and made to wait for the next one, I would had surely be caught in the middle of a huge mess. Well, I'd likely had waited it out in the bus shelter, but I'd rather walk on dry ground than treading through water puddles on the way home.

Alas, thunderstorms like these don't last long. As I come to the end of this post, the thunder roars gradually move away to invade the adjacent region, and normal rain takes over. There's more thunderstorms forecasted for tomorrow, but hopefully I'll be able to beat them as well. XD

0 comments: