Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sony PS3 Surround Sound System

Sony PS3 SSS (not to be confused with the SSS from Angel Beats, 死んだ世界戦線/Shinda Sekai Sensen) for short. XD

I've been looking for an inexpensive sound system as an upgrade from the built-in TV speakers, and this seems like an ideal choice, but I haven't been successful in locating this model until today. Yeah, I should have guessed it'd be grouped under the video game category with the PS3, not the audio department where all the other sound bars and audio systems are.

If it weren't for the keyword I used, PS3, while asking about sound bars in the store, the guy would never had pointed me to the video game section. And despite my frequenting the said department every time I go into the store, I never noticed it since it's not displayed and just sits anonymously in a relatively small box.

Not quite sure if it's the same one I saw in an online press article from last year, I copied down the model number and did a bit of research tonight.

The price point kind of gives it away that this is just a basic system. The 2.1 stereo and simulated 5.1 sounds aren't the best, but I think would suit my needs for the time being. It's supposedly great for gaming, and a lot of the stuff I have are only 2.1 for the Japanese audio anyway so I'm not missing out on everything. I do plan to get a better system after I move to a bigger place, but that won't be for another good couple of years down the road.

Though, since I bought a camera this month, I'll probably pick up the sound bar next month so my bill wouldn't be too scary.

0 comments: