Thursday, March 10, 2011

曖昧な冬…それとも春?

Let's back track to last Saturday. It rained for the most part during the day, then started snowing wet snow in the evening and overnight. Then freezing temperature turned everything into ice on Sunday. Needless to say, the sidewalks looked unfriendly on Monday. (I totally blame the stupid weather for my current health condition!)

Fast forward to yesterday. Last night I peered out the window with glee into a blowing snow night. This morning I woke up to wet roads because the snow had turned into rain overnight, but the wet snow was back on briefly on my way to work. Kuro went out with me but the walk to the station was too short to turn it into a snow owl. XD

Then it pretty much rained the whole day, so I hid Kuro in the bag and braced the cold rain on the way home. Of course, sidewalks were very much flooded everywhere. It was quite fun (not!) to walk from the station back to my apartment. The sidewalk was lined with high snow/ice piles on both sides, and the sidewalk itself was 70~80% melted. You either walked in water or threaded on watery ice. Manholes were blocked by ice so nothing got drained. A section of the road near my building was completely flooded.

According to the weather forecast, it's going to rain all day Friday, then a mix of rain and snow on Saturday (another spell of disaster!)

But things should look better once the snow and ice are melted, since there doesn't seem to be anymore snow fall, and the temperature seems to stay above zero. Spring is on the way!

0 comments: