Wednesday, March 02, 2011

実は…

Yesterday I said that I've technically never watched one. I was wrong. I did watch some when I was little, except it was not what I know to be , so I had forgotten about it.

*No mention of Madoka Magica itself in the post here, but the same warning applies due to reference and connections that can be made*

The show I watched when I was little was Creamy Mami, and the character design was done by the famed Takada Akemi. I only knew its Chinese name when it aired in Taiwan, but I found out the actual name of the series when I was flipping through Takada Akemi's art book.

From what I can remember, the show features a teal-haired elementary school girl who got a magic wand that would transform her into an older purple-haired girl (high school age?). She gets scouted and becomes an idol singer (I think the singing was also aided by the magic?) and goes by the name Creamy Mami.

Of course she wasn't called Creamy Mami in the Taiwanese version, but 巧克力甜甜.

Yes, both 巧克力甜甜 and Creamy Mami are rather appetizing sounding names, and you can probably follow my logic here and guess what I'm trying to get at...

そう!言わば、魔法少女は「愛でてよし、食べてよし」って存在だ!ε=εε=ε=εε=ε=εε=┏( ・д・)┛

0 comments: