Saturday, February 19, 2011

司会者は重要

I was going to watch a video on Niconico when the Live Broadcast alert sounded and flashed overhead. It's for the Niconico booth @ Fancy Frontier 17 in Taiwan.

I've heard of the Taiwanese version of Comiket for many years but rarely paid any attention to it simply because I'm not as interested in . So I thought I'd check it out to see what FF is all about.

The live broadcast was supposed to last about 4 hours, but after 2 hours and some, I got kicked out due to the high attendance. Neko-tan stayed on, so they might had kicked ppl out starting from the front seats. I pretty much started from the beginning, while Neko-tan started after the left for the 1st time.

My favourite part, of course, was when a certain cosplayer appeared and a slew of ensued. It was absolutely chaos (in terms of ) and so fun! XD

A few more interviews of passing cosplayers later, the returned to the area and lingered in the back. Everyone wanted him to go back on screen again because...

He's got the 'after' face this time with the remnant of a certain blond hanging out from his mouth! XD

The singing didn't really interest me... The only Niconico performer I kinda follow is くりむぞん and occasionally a few others, but most are old timers. I haven't spent enough time on Niconico digging for new performers in a long time.



Went back to the live broadcast about 20-30 minutes after I got kicked out, just in time to see them switch from REI (hiding behind a certain QB), the only person I was interested in for the whole live broadcast, to the next illustrator. orz

Impression of the three live sketches :
Sakurano Tsuyu - game promotion art (she actually coloured it...?!)
MW - normal sign board sketch (can't believe she even personified the events... orz)
REI - (頭付きの先輩!)

There was a very short bit about Animelo @ Shanghai that's taking place at the same time. The host was trying to ask the small crowd about their thoughts on Animelo, except he was speaking in Japanese to Taiwanese. So no reaction whatsoever from the crowd. XD

Then the cosplayers outside in the rain and the . A Snake slipped and fell during a mock mission after running down the slippery stairs and did a sharp left turn. Pretty funny when looking from the top of the stairs. XD

There's also a homeless Snake taking shelter from the rain in his box right by the area, quietly playing on his PSP in the rain... XD

All in all, the 3 hosts were obviously amateur so there were a lot of awkward moments of silence, and the spirit of the place just kinda felt dampened. It'd certainly had made the 4+ hours more bearable and fun if there's better hosts. I do commend them on them using Japanese and the tidbits of they threw out throughout the programming.

0 comments: