Friday, December 10, 2010

敗家

Just ordered a couple series from RightStuf, including Soul Eater, Ouran High School Host Club BD, and Evangelion 1.11 BD. Even with the exchange rate (which is great for shopping in the US now), the saving is more than what I'm paying compared to ordering the same items from Amazon.ca. I even cancelled Utawarerumono from Amazon.ca since it's $10 cheaper on RightStuf.

There's a few other items I was tempting to order as well, but I decided to hold off for now. The savings on Bamboo Blade and Samurai Champloo BD aren't as big so I might still get them from Amazon.ca. The price tag on Tears to Tiara is really attractive, but I haven't seen the series and never read up on it so I'm not familiar with the series at all, and thus don't wanna risk it.

Why did I order RahXephon when I haven't finished watching the series? I'm more tolerant when there's giant robots involved. As for Utawarerumono which I've never seen the series nor played the game, I really like the partial animal character design, and the story is supposed to be good. The covers for the Tears to Tiara box sets look a bit too generic for a RPG-type series for me. :Q

As for Durarara, I'm still debating whether to pre-order the 3 sets now or not. Since I lump my orders to reach for the free shipping threshold, I won't receive the shipment until they have all the items ready, which would be the end of May/early June next year. The price tag is also on the high-end for a 24-episode series (this I blame Aniplex). I think I'll wait for another year or so to see if they get put on special.

This winter has been a wallet-bleeding season for me so far, with the PS3, BRS figma, PSP, winter coat, and the usual anime stuff. I think I'm done for the bigger purchases... *cross fingers*

0 comments: