Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I've been reading the original novels of Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu (Denyuuden) according to the schedule of the anime episodes. At least, that was the plan.

Almost as a rule of thumb, the anime adaptation based on an original novel series overlooks a lot of character details and scenes, especially if the anime version is no longer than 2 cours. As a result, the anime version often presents the width of the story but not the depth, making it an inferior version for the series. Technically, that's the purpose of the anime adaptation, to get people interested in the original works, so there's nothing wrong with it as long as it serves the purpose.

For me, Denyuuden definitely serves its purpose and got me somewhat hooked on the novels at the moment. The only problem is... the anime hasn't finished airing, so I should wait for a few episodes before reading the next volume so I don't get disappointed by the lack of detail or scene change in the anime.

I just started vol.8 of the novel, while the anime covers up to a little bit of vol.7 (minus a scene with new characters in vol.6). Yeah, the book worm inside me couldn't wait for another couple months before the anime finishes and decided to plunge ahead.

Even though I'd know what's going to happen in the anime, that still shouldn't take away much of the fun when I watch the episodes, especially when the story follows the novels rather closely (unlike a certain *cough*Regios*cough*). I shall continue to enjoy the seiyuu's excellent performance and hearing the lines being spoken. :)

Now, back to vol.8... XD

0 comments: