Friday, August 27, 2010

Just finished watching Black Rock Shooter on Niconico...

なるほど、よく解らん。そして無限ループってこわくね?(タグより)

I never did any research on BRS and didn't even bother to read the lyrics for the song, so I had no previous knowledge for it except for a trailer. The battle scenes were not bad at all as shown in the trailer, but the real life scenes were definitely not what I had expected. It made the reason behind the battles that much more shallow and cheap for me, and I was tempted to think the "nice boat..." tag was actually directed at the audience for having invested the time in watching the pseudo-melodrama. orz

This is not to say there's no merits for the show. Hanazawa Kana and Sawashiro Miyuki were awesome, of course, and the BGM music by ryo was good. And I learned that 小鳥遊 is pronounced as 鷹無し because if the birds are playing about, that means there's no eagle around. So clever! :D

This seems like just a prologue to the BRS series, as there's still many puzzles to be solved, but I'm not really hooked by the story so far. And why isn't the ending song or maybe the opening or insert song "Black Rock Shooter"!!?? I heard Gome's song during the BRS Nico Live Broadcast so I knew it's the ED, but I was still hoping that they'd actually have "BRS" in the anime. :(

Another thing I got out of the live broadcast was the rumour of possibly a RPG game for BRS. Looks like it'll be focused on BRS this time, instead of having real life girls fusing with the otherworldly persona as in the OVA. I hope.

On a side note, I've been watching Sengoku Basara 2 following Niconico's schedule for the past three weeks. When I tried to load the episode 4 earlier, the inevitable finally happened! It rejected my non-Japanese IP and refused to even show me the page! I was just considering joining the premium membership starting in September, too!

Guess I'm back to watching the series by myself... :Q

0 comments: