Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Due to the rate of my recent anime consumption, it's not uncommon to hear the same seiyuu in consecutive series. In most cases, the same seiyuu would play the respective characters so differently that one can never cease to be amazed by this great display of skills.

It's impossible to list all such examples, but I just want to quickly point out two seiyuu in particular here, Seki Tomokazu and Kawasumi Ayako.

What spurred me to jot this down was mainly the episodes of RAVE (2001) and Nodame Cantabile Finale (2010) that I watched today, both of which the pair starred in. The two were already accomplished in 2001, but the evolution was still obvious in Nodame Cantabile Finale, and it's made me like them even more.

I've always enjoyed and respected Kawasumi Ayako's acting, so it was no surprise for me. On the other hand, I was reminded once again why Seki Tomokazu has been my 2nd favourite male seiyuu. The 3rd seat candidates, Ono Daisuke and Miyano Mamoru, don't seem like such a threat anymore.

This, coupled with Seki-san's role as Manji in Mugen no Juunin and Kawasumi-san's role as Shizune in Senkou no Night Raid that I watched within the week, is another great exhibition of their capabilities. And these are only two of the myriad of seiyuu out there.

こんなに凄い声優さんたちがいるから、声優好きになるのは自然なことだ。XD

PS. I haven't finished reading the Nodame Cantabile manga nor seen the Finale real action movies yet. I'm sure the manga would be really awesome, but I don't think the real action version can compare to the anime version for the Finale Chapter. The anime version was already better for the Paris Chapter for me, so the trend(?) will probably continue as the focus of the Finale Chapter is again on the characters.

0 comments: