Friday, May 14, 2010

Soramimi Project #18: Amano Yuri 天野由梨

First heard: Hoshiyomi (Inuyasha)

First noticed: Rain Mikamura (G Gundam)

Memorable characters: Rain Mikamura (G Gundam), Ichiki (Nabari no Ou)

Image character: Rain Mikamura (G Gundam)

Discernment rate: low

Number of works seen: 16

Another one of those seiyuu I'm only familiar with the name but not the voice. It's obvious that I tie her with Rain from G Gundam by just looking at the stats above.

Even though she is the heroine, she is unfortunately cursed with the deadly trait of having the majority of her lines being the protagonist's name. As a result, there isn't very much character development and thus making her less memorable amongst the extremely colourful cast of characters in G Gundam. The Sekiha Love-love Tenkyouken(石破ラブラブ天驚拳) she performed with Domon at the end that released heart-shaped beam is awesome, though. XD

Her G Gundam songs are quite good, and I find the Hong Kong touring song with Seki Tomokazu especially hilarious. On a side note, G Gundam probably isn't remembered for its music, but it's got some pretty good character songs, by Seki before he destroyed his vocal cord with all the Domon shouting, no less! The four Cantonese tracks from the G Gundam Round 3 OST also happen to be the only Cantonese songs I have.

Quite a few of the roles I've seen her are of a motherly nature which I think suits her well (even Rain kind of acts like a mother to Domon sometimes). I may not have her voice down yet, but I sure hope to hear more of Amano Yuri!

0 comments: