Thursday, December 10, 2009

Soramimi Project #6: Aizawa Masaki 相沢正輝

First heard: Takatori Hirofumi (Weiss Kreuz)

First noticed: Shouryuu (Juuni Kokuki)

Memorable characters: Shouryuu (Juuni Kokuki)

Image character: Shouryuu (Juuni Kokuki)

Discernment rate: low

Number of works seen: 9

Another seiyuu of whom I recognize the name but not the voice... orz

Sometimes I might look up the seiyuu in the end credit roll when I hear him in an episode, but I have yet to pinpoint his voice. The main reason for this can probably be attributed to him playing a lot of nameless or minor characters in the works I've seen. I think Weiss Kreuz (out of which I only remember five voices since it's my first anime in Japanese) and Juuni Kokuki might be his most prominent works with the exception of Death Note, where he played six characters.

I quite liked him as Shouryuu, though. A wise and excellent emperor on the throne over 300 years and being called idiot(馬鹿), reckless(無謀), foolhardy(猪突), and crazed(酔狂) by his kirin and retainers. Needless to say he is one of my favourite characters from Juuni Kokuki. That's when I started to recognize his name whenever it appeared in end credits.

Aizawa Masaki's got a nice deep voice, which might explains why he does a lot of dubbing work. I'm usually not a big movie fan, having been spoiled by the extremely diverse themed anime, but I would definitely like to watch a Japanese dubbed movie if it's got a good seiyuu cast.

At the moment, my only Jap-dubbed experience consists of 1.2 movies, where 1 is 17 Again, and the .2 is He's Just Not That Into You. The plane landed before the .2 finished playing. But I was really just using Namikawa Daisuke's voice as background music while I read Saiunkoku Monogatari anyway. I gave up the movie after about 10 minutes and only recognized Namikawa during that time. One seiyuu does not a good seiyuu cast make, unfortunately.

0 comments: