Saturday, August 30, 2008

I'm usually pretty easy going except on some occasions, where I can be stupidly stubborn. The グリムス(gremz) blog widget happens to be one such occasion.

Actually, I was about to give up the whole thing when I accidentally stumbled upon a Blogger blog with the gremz widget. Surely there has to be a way for this to work. So I filled out the web form (in Japanese) yesterday regarding the matter. This morning I got a reply from the gremz web management team (in English, since I mentioned that I'm from Canada).

It seems that Blogger is indeed not supported and the person referred me to FeedBurner. That's what I did and it worked! The only downside is that since I had to use the FeedBurner URL as the blog URL, clicking on the tree or the Paw Wow link on the gremz website takes one to the blog feed instead of the actual site. Ah well, it's not as if I'm trying to get people to come through gremz. *shrug*

So my little gremz tree has sprouted today! Hopefully it'll grow to be tall and strong. :D

There's also グリムスキーワード, where if you input グリムス and an eco-related keyword that matches the gremz database, there would be special effect added to the tree. I'm assuming the keyword to be in Japanese, though, so I probably won't be able to see the specials... :(

0 comments: