Friday, July 04, 2008

Just finished The Tower of Druaga ~the Aegis of URUK (ドルアーガの塔 ~the Aegis of URUK~) on the YouTube channel, and I must say it's unexpectedly turned out to be one of the better shows out of the spring batch.

My hope wasn't too high as the series appeared to be a parody and comedy at first, and I actually considered dropping it two or so episodes in if it wasn't for the heavy seiyuu cast and Gatou Shouji (he's the reason I had my suspicion of this being just a regular magic & sword dungeon crawler). I'm glad I stayed and look forward to the next season in 2009(!). Too bad Ishida-san's character didn't survive the season. Maybe I'll look for the NES game in the mean time. Apparently the ropers are actually quite tough in the game, despite their gag appearances in the anime. Absolutely love that roper dance, btw. XD

On the same note, I've been keeping up with Blassreiter on the YouTube Blassreiter channel as well. The latest episode (ep.12) was pretty dramatic. Of the original XAT Team 2, I didn't expect those two to be the surviving members... The 3D renderings still irritate me sometimes, but I'm kinda used to them by now. The show is pretty dark and the viewing number is way below that of The Tower of Druaga ~the Aegis of URUK~ on YouTube. To be frank, I might not have tried it if it wasn't for the cast... Most of them are out of the picture now, but there should be new characters showing up soon. We'll see how this turns out.

0 comments: