Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Bro borrowed the TMNT movie yesterday from a friend and we had a blast laughing at the plot, the design, the dialogues, and the overall lameness. OK, he didn't find it as lame as I did. I'm just spoiled by anime... Our experience of the TMNT consists of the 2nd NES game and bits and pieces of the cartoon, so the 3D movie was totally new to us.

The movie was all right and entertaining enough... That's all we could say about it. One thing that hit pretty close to home was when Donnie did the IT tech support. I used to ask those questions when I was at Staples. You'd be surprised by some people's replies. Bro just liked the big turtle head Mikey used.

While there's plenty of actions and fights, I couldn't help but compare and comment on how slow and clunky a lot of those looked. Bro thought it's because I've watched too much 2D anime, but he had to agree with me when I cited 3D games.

When Winters floated up and turned to light specks near the end, I commented to bro that it would be better if: Winters ages -> his hair turns white and his skins dry up and turn dark like that of a mummy's-> his skin and flesh flakes off and reveals the human skeleton (proof that he lived and died as a man) -> the skeleton turns to ash and get blown away starting from the left side (from the turtles' POV) -> the armour drops to the ground and breaks into pieces before turning to ash and getting blown away. The turning to light thing seemed too super hero to me and left no after-taste at all.

Never mind me. Like I said, I'm just too spoiled by anime...

0 comments: