Monday, September 13, 2004

The Lord of the Ring: The Return of the King.

I don't remember much of the movie, but I do recall it being very beautiful and has battles of great scale (which is always good, as I'm accustomed to these from watching anime and such). Never gotten the chance to finish the novel --I'm still at the first book-- so I can't really compare the two, but I know that I wouldn't be able to imagine the grand settings myself just from reading the text. On the other hand, I am glad that I'm not fan to any of the actors so I can still see the characters as I originally saw them when they were first introduced to me in the novel, no more and no less.

The Lord of the Ring has always been dubbed one of the central masterpieces of Western fantasy. I will have to squeeze some time to read the whole book to get a real feel of it. Nothing against the movie. I just prefer the original version, as I have yet to see any alternative media representation outperforming their original novels.

0 comments: