Saturday, September 11, 2004

Gundam SEED on YTV! Well, I never go for the English dub but I just wanted to watch more SEED...

The OP was cut down to about 15 seconds, showing just Strike with the Gundam SEED title and the last sequence of Strike shooting out from Archangel. The staff names were squeezed in during those 15 seconds. I wasn't too happy about that. The OP sets the mood and impression of the show, especially if a person was watching the show for the first time.

The ED was completely intact just like you would watch it in Japan. I didn't mind that, but that means no listing of the English VA anywhere. Not that I really cared, but it's weird to be watching the dub version and seeing the names of the original Japanese seiyuu.

I don't remember much of the English voices, one reason being I was still watching J's SEED DVD until 9:20pm (SEED shown at 9:30pm) so I had a hard time adjusting. That, and I never pay attention to the English VA. They all sound too similar to me and simply can't compare to the original cast.

As for other edits, I don't think there was any. None that I noticed anyway. Episode 1 was pretty 'clean' as I remembered.

Witch Hunter Robin also premiered on YTV tonight after Inu Yasha. Both OP and ED are the original ones (Why, oh, why can't you give SEED the same treatment?? -__-**), but otherwise the same boring and slow-paced plot. I did finish the episode but I doubt I'll continue to watch it.

0 comments: