Saturday, July 24, 2004

Hot. Way. Too. Hot. Why is it so hot??? (ノ`Д´)ノ~~┴───┴

Today is Best Buy's grand opening and we had quite a few people coming in asking whether we'd match their prices. No, we don't match door crasher or limited quantity items. No, we don't match price if they're out of stock of it. No, we don't match price if it's an opening special.

And almost right before my shift was up, I talked to a customer with a Best Buy quote in his hand for a computer system package. After some checking and calculating and inquiring and asking, I gave him a quote as well with match and beat. It was 5 past 5 when I swiped out, and R was commenting that I was almost turning into him (overtime).

Took Mum out for dinner because the GM's been nagging me about using the contest money I won. We went to the small Italian restaurant in the 'Little Mall' because we didn't know where else to go. Plus we had a coupon for it.

The place was nicely decorated and full of flavour. The waitress was kind of . The Happy Birthday song the other waitress played on the little guitar-thingie for one of the tables was cool and unique. The food was delicious (almost typed 'delirious') and in large serving. Maybe we'll go there again on their special days! XD

As soon as we got home, Mum asked me to set up the VCR for her. Apparently, she borrowed some dubbed Korean drama tapes from a friend. I didn't watch it with her because I'm not interested in Korean dramas so I went back upstairs to use the computer. A few chapters of Hanakimi later (and all the while fanning my self with the pencil board), I couldn't take it any longer and went downstairs. There's got to be a 5 degree difference between the floors, I tell ya. -__-

I tried to read the PC magazines I brought downstairs but the TV was too loud. Not to mention that it's in Mandarin so I would hear it no matter what. I ended up watching a good portion of it and only managed to finished less than half of one magazine during the 2.5 hours I was there. Mum was still at it by the time I went to bed (3am?). Is she going to have a Korean drama marathon??

0 comments: