Monday, March 10, 2003

So what's the deal of having some boy saving a fair maiden in distress as themes for anime?

Yes, that's what I've observed from seeing three anime series with similar themes: Full Metal Panic!, Tokyo Underground, and Flame of Recca.

Well, Full Metal Panic! is a different story, but I really wouldn't have watched the other two if I wasn't just checking out the voice of Seki Tomokazu. Of all the anime I've seen, I have yet to go for something like this. I mean, there's nothing wrong with stories of a young and brave hero saving a beautiful girl from danger and stuff, but seeing two of them in one day is a bit too much. Not to mention that their whole plot line is rather lame...

As of now, I'm scratching Tokyo Underground and Flame of Recca from my to-see list.

Now, if there's something out there with a role reversal, where the girl isn't so powerless compared to the lead male.

I guess Gunparade March is the closest series to that right now. Mai seems pretty tough, and I look forward to how Hayami, the warm-natured good boy that everyone likes, will soften her cold exterior. I have high hope for Gunparade March. Definitely on the top of the fav. list with Gundam SEED :)

0 comments: