Sunday, October 27, 2013

Javascript annoyance

I just noticed that I wasn't able to right-click to open the context menu on a particular site.

For the longest time, I remember my Javascript option in Firefox is always set to disable such script. I did do a clean install one or two versions ago, so I thought maybe I forgot to check the box or something...

The whole Javascript advanced option isn't there!

So I resorted to Google and found that they removed the whole thing starting in version 23... WHY??

Luckily, someone posted about:config workarounds for the missing options. I thought I'd note them down in case I need to do it again in the future.

dom.disable_window_move_resize
- set to true to block sites from moving or resizing existing windows

dom.event.contextmenu.enabled
- set to false to block sites from disabling context menu

While they hit you with a warning message when you first access about:config, I don't mind playing with the it at all. Provided there's documentation listing what each option does, that is...

0 comments: