Saturday, August 24, 2013

新しい友達

Right after the gamescom announcement, all Vita dropped to $199.99 across the board. That includes regular Vita boxes and bundle packages. Obviously, it's a better deal getting a bundle package for the same price.

Thanks to tips from a grape vine, I grabbed a bundle with a 1-yr PS+ membership and digital voucher for 2 games, as well as a 4GB memory card. Most of other bundles offer the game voucher and memory card, but no PS+. I won't be using that PS+ membership, but I can easily sell it to someone else since these things are at set prices.

I got my PS3 at regular price as is, i.e. no free games and no PS+ membership, so this Vita deal was pretty good.

The first thing I did, after going through the settings, was to download the free social game app みんなといっしょ. It's so nostalgic to see the Toro Station crew again! :D

One thing I noticed while playing on the social app, was that the speaker are located below the d-pads on either side. This makes it easy to block out the sounds when I'm using the d-pads, so I will probably need to wear a headphone while playing some of the games.

Also transferred a Vita game that I downloaded before from PS+. I'm eager to see the greatly touted beautiful OLED with a real game, but that will be a story for another day.

0 comments: