Saturday, June 29, 2013

最新版が一番とは限らない

I just went through a series of backup and restore, and ended up with Firefox 20.0.1.

21 seemed to crash on me daily, and 22 refused to let me copy stuff from one tab and paste to anywhere else.

The crashing I don't mind as much, since it'd just re-open all my tabs again and it's business as usual. But the inability to copy & paste freely just wouldn't do as I use it very heavily. When the issue persisted with a clean install of 22, I decided that I might as well go back to 20.

There really are just three files you need to back up beside the bookmark: prefs.js, key3.db, and signons.sqlite. So it was rather painless.

I wrote down the list of add-ons I had (fewer than a dozen) and just re-installed them manually, a few with newer version, no less. The only thing I didn't quite remember how to do and had to ask Google quickly was how to add search plugins for my Context Search add-on. Gotta love the Mycroft Project. XD

Still not sure why 22 refused to let me c&p. It doesn't seem to be a known issue, either...

Anyway, now I'm happily back to heavily labouring using Firefox~

0 comments: