Tuesday, October 02, 2012

TGS 2012

Since I'm years behind on playing 99% of the games, I don't often pay close attention to game shows. There's also usually a wait time between the Japanese and North American releases, and a much longer gap until I get around to try to acquire a copy of the game.

Nowadays, the wait time between releases is shortening, and PSN makes it possible to get certain titles with ease (well, I'll need to find a way to get more Japanese PSN cards...)

So I thought I'd do a quick search to see what's announced at the Tokyo Game Show this year, and there are quite a few things to be excited about!

キングダム ハーツ -HD 1.5 ReMIX- (PS3)
- KH Final Mix with Japanese audio track
- KH: Re:Chain of Memories
- KH 358/2 Days remake cutscenes (everyone's voice sounds so young in the trailer! XD)
I've been searching and wondering about the lack of KH series on the Japanese PSN, so this is most excellent news!!

すばらしきこのせかい -Soro remix- (iOS)
I've been craving for this game for years. Unfortunately I don't have an iPad, so I'm still trying to find a Japanese copy for my DS...

レイトン教授VS逆転裁判 (3DS)
We (one random customer, the EBGames store clerk, and I) were just wondering about when this game would come out the other day. Of course, I'll need to get a 3DS first...

大神 絶景版 (PS3)
I've been very excited since I learned of the news back in June. Since there's a poster for the overseas version, I assume there will be a North American release. I'll need to play the Okami-den on DS to determine how I find the English text on screen.

杉田智和・御立弾原案による同人ゲーム『月英学園』の家庭用移植 (TBA)
...I didn't know that Sugita also dabbled in drafting series. XD We'll see how this turns out.

I'm disappointed that there's no news on the HD remake of FF X. I really want to play that game. :(

Hardware-wise, there's Wii U, the super slim PS3, and two new colours for the PS Vita. The Nintendo console is region-locked so it's not even on my radar for the next three years; PSV and 3DS come before Wii U. We'll see what colours are available for each handheld system by the end of next year. I'm kinda leaning toward the PSV since I can get a North American one.

While browsing through the articles for TGS 2012 on Famitsu (I very rarely visit that site), I noticed a few pieces of excellent news as well.

朧村正 to be released on PSV (originally on Wii) next year! I've been wanting to play this really beautifully drawn game! :D

New Ultimate Hits releases for KH Birth by Sleep (PSP), FF零式 (PSP), and スライムもりもりドラゴンクエスト3 (3DS)! I'll finally be able to dabble in most the KH series and get a taste of FF Type-0 without breaking the bank. Of course, I'll need to wait for the KH HD 1.5 ReMIX first. XD

0 comments: