Thursday, May 24, 2012

トロ・ステーション 第133回

久々のトロステ~

Since I haven't touched my PS3 since mid-March, I haven't watched Toro Station as well.

The content for Volume 133, 「トロステ妖怪劇場第七幕」 and 「江戸っ子1号プロジェクト」, while interesting, weren't enough to pull me back to my PS3. But the mini corner for Gundam Unicorn Ep5 got me. XD

The Gundam UC corner briefly went over the previous 4 episodes and the PS3 game (欲しい!) before unveiling Ep5. During the synopsis, Kuro repeated twice that the MS battle scenes were very intense. He even added in a smaller font after the 2nd time that it must had been hellish for the people involved in the animation. I had to laugh. XDD

Ep5 was already shown at pre-release road shows in Japan last week (along with the news that there will be a final Ep7!!) and has been available for digital purchase on PSN, but the official BD release isn't until June.

While Ep7 would mean I'll probably need to wait almost another year before being able to order all 7 from Amazon.co.jp, I'm extremely happy that they decided to add another episode to the OVA series.

The 妖怪劇場 was slightly scary, especially considering that I watched it at night, but the typical トロステ humour made it rather lighthearted at the end, which was nice~

For 江戸っ子1号, they interviewed one of the founders for the project who revealed the hurdles they had encountered and overcome. In essence, the project consists of a number of small independent factories in the low-lying part of Tokyo who, in an effort to counter the recession and gradual loss of engineering techniques due to a lack of successors, came together to dream and make a deep sea probe. Some goals of the project include discovering new deep sea creatures, recording images of the environment, and collecting samples of mud from the deep sea. They're aiming to perform the first test dive later this year. I'm quite interested in scientific projects like this, so I was very happy to learn about it. 応援します~

While I was at it, I decided to download a few trial games for both PS3 and PSP (Rayman Origin, Tales of Heroes Twin Blades, FF-零式) and PVs (魔装機神2 and a 2-min PlayView PV for Toda Erika). Hopefully it won't be long before I turn on my PS3 again to check out these. XD

0 comments: