Thursday, March 29, 2012

最高のハーモニ

Just finished watching a 2-hr SP broadcast on Niconico in celebration for the release of Kalafina's "After Eden" Special LIVE 2011 DVD and Blu-ray.

Even though I listen to a lot of songs, I very rarely seek out or watch the official PV for the songs. Kalafina's PV's are famed for their atmosphere and elaborate costumes, and I have to agree they're beautiful. Treats for the ears and the eyes~

Beside the PV's, there were also clips for when Kalafina were in Hong Kong for their Asian tour and LA for last year's AX. I didn't bother to pause the video, but I was probably filmed (but not visible) in the initial line for their autograph, as I won the lottery draw for the ticket. I was also there when they dropped by the Crunchyroll photo booth, but no photos allowed for us non-media crowd.

The gap between their normal girlish demeanour and their stage presence is so strong, one really has to respect the passion and focus they pour into their performance. And, of course, their top notch vocal prowess and melodic harmony.

I'm really glad I got to see Kalafina's live performance and hear them talk during their panel at the AX last year. If there's a chance to see them performing again, I'd definitely go!

Near the end of the broadcast, they showed the official PV for "to the beginning", the OP for Fate/Zero's 2nd season, in full. It's a fine song fitting for the theme, and Wakana's the main for this song! I'm looking forward to see the OP anime!

0 comments: