Tuesday, February 07, 2012

トロ・ステーション 第118回

It's another week of Toro Station!

The first part of vol.118 features the theatrical debut of the first chapter of Berserk's Golden Age arc. All three movies for the Golden Age arc are set to release within 2012 as part of the Berserk Saga Project, which aims to make films covering the entire manga series. This is pretty much the biggest news on the anime movie front right now.

While Berserk is a very well known manga series throughout the world, I have never read it. I think it might be because of the art style, which was completely not to my taste when I saw the cover in my last elementary school years. Even now, I think the art might still be a bit harsh for me, but the brief introduction presented by Toro Station piqued my interest. Though, considering the length of my reading list, I'll probably end up watching all the movies before I get a chance to read the manga. XD

The second part of vol.118 interviews Takahashi Hitoshi, who has spent 11 years (and ongoing for improvements) making a giant robot by himself. Kabutom is a (rhinoceros beetle)-type robot that measures 11m x 9.5m x 3.6m and weighs about 17t. It is manoeuvred via a remote control box (like remote control cars!) and walks at 4 km/hr. Kabutom attends some local events but requires two long trailers to transport its body and the six legs, which are then re-assembled on site. The mechanism of Kabutom is really cool, too! Too bad Toro Station only shows images, but it's still very interesting! :D

0 comments: