Sunday, January 22, 2012

40% acl/vol

As a result of a fridge issue at a certain feline meat's place, I got a bottle of brandy. Since I don't drink, I decided to use it for cooking.

My 1st alcoholic(?) dish: drunken chicken drumsticks

The only experiences I have with the dish were the few instances in restaurants, so I didn't expect my vague attempt to be comparable. It was also my first time using the rice cooker for drumsticks, but I think it went really well. The drumsticks were fully cooked and tender, and the brandy wasn't too overwhelmingly strong. The dried wolfberries also added some sweetness to the taste.

It was only when I had pushed the start button on the rice cooker and was putting the brandy bottle back in the fridge, that I realized the thing said 40% acl/vol. Maybe next time I'll put in just a little bit less than what I put in today...

0 comments: