Saturday, December 17, 2011

そんなバスで大丈夫か

話をしよう、あれは今から36万年前・・・いや、君たちにとっては多分昨日の出来事だ

It was late afternoon, when the bus typically comes every 15 minutes or so. There were quite a few people waiting at the bus stop when I arrived, so I figured the bus should show up soon.

Then we waited, and waited, and waited some more.

Finally, they emerged. Three buses of the same number came up to the side of the road. Bus#1 was completely packed and only stopped to let two people out. Bus#2 and Bus#3 were rather empty. I got on Bus#2. One passenger on Bus#2 joked that the three buses were probably racing to see who got to our stop first.

At the station for a shopping mall and a small transfer hub, both Bus#1 and Bus#2 had to stop quite a ways down from the station door because there were two other buses in front of us.

Both Bus#1 and Bus#2 just let people out and steered clear of the bus in front and went on our merry way, leaving the people wanting to take our buses to Bus#3.

Within two stations, we lost Bus#1 as it didn't have to stop and just kept going. Bus#3 stormed passed us as Bus#2 stopped to let people out.

Then Bus#2 caught up to Bus#3 at my station when I got off. It was rather funny keeping track of the race standings. The people waiting outside my station were probably bewildered by the three consecutive buses.

あぁやっぱり今回もダメだったよ、あいつらは乗客の話を聞かないからな
次は一番いいのを頼む
神は言っている―――全員を乗せると―――
大丈夫だ、問題ない

The reviews I've read of the game all point to the unique and beautiful graphics but repetitive battles and jumping/scrolling sections, but the famous quotes (altered to fit the bus race here) made me want to try the game. Maybe I'll grab it when it's on sale for really cheap...

0 comments: