Thursday, October 20, 2011

佐咲紗花 LIVE Link to You 01

Since the Flash player kept crashing on me, I decided to abandon the 9-hr RO World Championship broadcast and switched to the 2-hr Sasaki Sayaka live.

The only other time where I had heard her was in Animax Musix Fall 2010, where I took note of her.

The live took place in a small club house setting with a live band, and the majority of the songs were anime song covers. I am only familiar with some of them, but that actually freed me from too much comparison , and I was able to just enjoy the performance as is (btw, she's definitely not as good as some of the original singers, but she's better than some others in lives).

The special secret guest was Hydain. I used to listen to him on Niconico where he arranged and added lyrics to game BGMs in his real voice and falsetto. Haven't kept tabs on him once he started writing songs for people. I did, however, recognize his voice in the live action ED sequence of Nyanpire.

I think Sasaki really has potentials. Her natural pitch is on the higher side so she appeared a little stretched when doing lower keys, but she really shines when it comes to powerful high voices (again demonstrated with IN MY DREAM here). The fact that she was able to do the solo live for almost two hours straight, except for a band solo track while she changed and two very very brief intro and talks, also speaks volumes of her energy level and drive.

All in all, it was an enjoyable broadcast. It's a little regrettable that the encore part wasn't shown, where she sang the much anticipated Zzz. But I've never heard that song so it wasn't as much a let down for me as for all the people who left comments about it.

Next up in schedule to watch tomorrow: the 3-hr Niconico Dance Master 3. I quite enjoyed the 3-hr Niconico Dance Master 2, so I look forward to this one!

Premium membership is dirt cheap when compared to cable TV. Who needs TV when there's Niconico. XD

0 comments: