Saturday, July 30, 2011

血塗れ

One thing I like about non-tropical countries is that there's fewer pests and bugs due to the lower temperature. Unfortunately, this summer has been very very hot.

Tonight I saw my first mosquito indoor since I moved, and when I squished it with tissue paper, the little white square was instantly dyed bright red with a sizable stain.

The detestable insect had a full meal not long before it met its death, and the victim was possibly me or the cat! The blood smears were easily wiped off the wall with water soaked tissue, but it was still rather grotesque to see fresh blood smears on sterile white wall...

Just as I tossed the tissue paper with the broken body of the mosquito into the toilet, something flashed through my mind. What were the colour and the strip patterns on the pest? I hope it didn't carry any disease?! It better had not sucked those blood from the cat!

Here's hoping it was just a regular and clean mosquito that had stumbled into my apartment before I had a chance to close the windows when the thunderstorm hit. *crosses fingers*

0 comments: