Sunday, April 17, 2011

いいブルーレイ、買わなイカ?

I was updating my anime list online for Yumekui Merry when I came across this piece of very good news: NIS America has licensed Arakawa Under the Bridge and Katanagatari and is releasing them on Blu-ray in July!

Seeing that it's NIS America, it'll likely be similar to the case of Toradora, where it's only available in the US and not Canada. Right Stuf will probably have it so I shouldn't have too much trouble acquiring them. Due to copyright reasons, Katanagatari won't have the ED song CD's like the Japanese version (same story for Durarara), but I can live with that.

Yes, I'll probably pre-order both. The prices aren't announced yet, but I'm guessing around $55~60 at Right Stuf and around $65~70 at the Expo if it's available then (Arakawa Under the Bridge is slated for July 5th so there's a good chance).

For comparison purpose, I got Toradora for $47.99 for each set and they sold for maybe around $58 at the Expo (can't remember exactly). I probably would had got it there since it came with a Prenny(?) plushy, but set 2 wasn't released then, and it's easier to reach the free shipping threshold to order both sets at the same time for me. Toradora is DVD only. I imagine the price tag would be higher for Blu-rays.

NIS America releases are known to be on the expensive side (what I paid for half a series for Toradora can easily get me a full series from another license holder and still get some change back), but thankfully the end product is usually on the quality side as well.

Can't wait to own these two series! XD

0 comments: